Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
This policy is subject to change, so please check regularly for updates. This policy is in addition to Globus Digital Marketing Hosting Terms and Conditions.
1. Globus Digital Marketing Hosting reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided by Globus Digital Marketing Hosting, where Globus Digital Marketing Hosting decides that the account has been inappropriately used. Globus Digital Marketing Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its network to anyone.
2. Globus Digital Marketing Hosting offers large amounts and ‘unlimited’ disk space and bandwidth with some account types. By this, we mean disk space for legitimate website content and bandwidth for visitors to view it. All files on a domain must be part of the active website and linked to the site. Websites should not contain any backups, or other non-web based content. We will treat all password-protected archives files as unacceptable. Non web files including, but not limited to exe, mp3, avi, wmf are not permitted on our servers.
3. Hosting Services allow disk space and bandwidth for normal routine ‘non-file-distribution’ website usage. Globus Digital Marketing Hosting reserve the right to impose for each website a Bandwidth limit of 100,000 MB per calendar month and a Disk Space limit of 5,000 MB.
4. Customers with Reseller Web Hosting can assign large numbers of websites to sub-accounts. Globus Digital Marketing Hosting resource the right to impose a limit of 100 hosted websites under each Reseller Web Hosting Package.
5. Scripts and web applications on the website must be designed to produce web-based content, and not to use the server as an application or file server. Using the server to generate large volumes of email from a database is an example of an activity that is not allowed. Scripts and web applications should not attempt to manipulate the time-outs on servers. These are set at the present values to ensure the reliability of the server. Sites that reset these do so because they are resource-intensive, and adversely affect server performance and are therefore not allowed. Scripts and web applications that are designed to provide proxy services, anonymous or otherwise, are not allowed.
6. Scripts and web applications that use excessive resources such as memory or CPU are not permitted on our servers.
7. The Globus Digital Marketing Hosting FTP servers may not be used by persons outside of the account holders organisation to transfer files to or from our network. The use of applications which maintain a constant FTP connection to upload at regular intervals is forbidden.
8. High bandwidth and streaming services are not permitted on the Globus Digital Marketing Hosting Network. This includes, but not limited to, file download services and the streaming of video, music, pod casts, and internet radio. If your usage is low it is something we may be able to provide with our Cloud Servers or Dedicated Servers. Please contact sales with your requirements and projected usage.
9. The use of our the Globus Digital Marketing Hosting Network to send bulk email whether opt-in or otherwise, and the use of bulk email to promote a site on our network is strictly forbidden.
10. The use of the Globus Digital Marketing Hosting Network for Gaming Servers and Gaming Services is not permitted.
11. Globus Digital Marketing Hosting will disable any service and domain that fails to adhere to the following criteria as soon as we are made aware, in line with current working practices: –
11.1. The primary purpose of any website must be to provide web-based content to viewers. Files on the site must be linked to the website.
11.2. The primary purpose of any script or web application must be to produce a web page or web service. Scripts and web applications that send a single email based upon user entered information, or update a database are acceptable. Scripts and web applications that perform processor intensive processes are not allowed. All outgoing mail is monitored and filtered and must be sent using authentication from a Globus Digital Marketing Hosting hosted mailbox.
11.3. Database services are for the exclusive use of storing the data of websites hosted on our network and can not be used to store non-website data or with services outside of the Globus Digital Marketing Hosting network.
11.4. Websites must not contain Warez, copyright or other illegal material. The onus is on you the customer to prove that you own the rights to publish material, not for Globus Digital Marketing Hosting to prove that you do not.
11.5. Websites must not contain pornographic or other lewd material. adult material includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of ‘adult material’ is left entirely to the discretion of Globus Digital Marketing Hosting.
11.6. Websites and Databases must not use more than 5% of server resources. This includes bandwidth, memory, processor utilisation and / or disk space. Please see the ‘High Resource Use Policy’ in the Terms and Conditions.
11.7. Websites must not contain scripts and web applications that attempt to access privileged server resources or other sites on the same server.
11.8. Websites must not be used for cloud file hosting services to host ‘file hosting’ applications.
11.9. FTP Services are for the exclusive use of our customers and our resellers customers and may not be used for anonymous or pubic FTP access.
11.10. Email Services are for the exclusive use of our customers and our resellers customers and may not be used for Free Email Services or Free Mailbox Services.
11.11. The use of Databases that use files stored on the web server are permitted as long as the total file size of the database is below 50MB in size. This includes, but not limited to, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server Compact, and RavenDB.
11. If you require the storage of non-website files, then this is ONLY permitted using our Backup Service. Files stored in the Backup Service must be legal under India law. If you are found to have illegal files stored on our systems, then your account will be suspended and all files removed without warning. The designation of ‘illegal files’ is left entirely to the discretion of Globus Digital Marketing Hosting.